Need help with my Statistics question – I’m studying for my class.
Working With Inferential Statistics
This course helps you develop a basic understanding of statistics. Two distinct types of statistics are addressed: descriptive and inferential. In this assignment, you will have the opportunity to use the SPSS program. SPSS makes it easy to analyze data using specific tests. This assignment will give you practice with t-tests and ANOVA. Be sure to review the videos before undertaking this practice.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- For assistance with accessing SPSS, refer to the resources “How to Use SPSS From the GCU Server” and “How to Install SPSS on Your Computer.”
- Before beginning this assignment, be sure to view the tutorial videos provided as Topic Materials: (1) SPSS for Beginners 6a: One-Sample T-Tests and Confidence Intervals; (2) SPSS for Beginners 6c: Independent-Samples T-Tests and Confidence Intervals; (3) Oneway ANOVA – SPSS (Part 1); (4) ANOVA 1: Calculating SST (Total Sum of Squares); and (5) Introduction to Statistics: Inferential Statistics.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Open SPSS and complete the following:
Open SPSS and obtain an output (as in the tutorial videos) with the following results highlighted.
1. Have children exposed to movies created before 1980 caused more injuries than children exposed to movies after 1980?
2. Which group has caused more injuries: children exposed to movies created between 1937-1960, children exposed to movies created between 1961-1989, or children exposed to movies created between 1990-1999?
Determine the statistics using a one-tailed t-test (for question 1) and ANOVA (for question 2). Be sure to describe how you ensured that the assumptions for each test were met prior to doing the one-tailed t-test and ANOVA. Justify your choice with references.
“Data Set: Violence, Children, and Movies” is provided as a Topic Material.
Write a 250-500 word summary of your results and how this statistical analysis may be applied to your prospectus. Use the “Working With Inferential Statistics Template” to present your data and embed the table in your paper. Include your SPSS output as an appendix in the paper.