Help me study for my Statistics class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
For this Discussion, you will post your response to the hypothesis test, along with the results. You will work with a real, secondary dataset to construct a research question, perform categorical data analysis that answers the question, and interpret the results. Create a research question using the General Social Survey dataset that can be answered using categorical analysis.
Use SPSS to answer the research question. Post your response to the following:
- What is your research question?
- What is the null hypothesis for your question?
- What research design would align with this question?
- What dependent variable was used and how is it measured?
- What independent variable is used and how is it measured?
- If you found significance, what is the strength of the effect?
- Explain your results for a lay audience and further explain what the answer is to your research question.
Be sure to support your Main Post and Response Post with reference to the week’s Learning Resources and other scholarly evidence in APA Style.
- Chapter 9, “Bivariate Tables” (pp. 235-268)
- Chapter 11, “The Chi-Square Test and Measures of Association” (pp. 269-302)