I’m working on a Political Science question and need guidance to help me study.
Here are the instructions:
FYI, I also need a cover page. Steve
You must write an essay (500 words minimum) in which you address the following two questions or topics:
The fundamental values that inform how are democratic government is legitimated and organized are enshrined on the Declaration of Independence and in the Constitution of the United States.
- Identify and discuss the basic ideals and principles of American democracy and how they are applied in our republican form of government.
Those ideals and principles are discussed in the first and second chapters of your textbook. You can also visit the following websites to read the original document in which these fundamental values were first stated and how they were later incorporated in the American Constitution:
- The Declaration of Independence: http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/document/
- The Constitution of the United States: https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs/constitution-transcript
- Identify the most important Supreme Court cases and executive actions and their impact on law and on our society.
The history of the United States has been marked by the progressive expansion of voting rights and the protection of its citizens through legislation and Supreme Court decisions. At the same time, executive orders, particularly in periods of crisis led to the violation of individual rights. Throughout this module these issues are covered. In chapters 3 and 4 you will find the information you need to answer this question. You are also encouraged to visit the following websites for further details.
- Supreme Court Landmarks – http://www.uscourts.gov/about-federal-courts/educational-resources/supreme-court-landmarks
- 15 Supreme Court Cases that Changed America – https://www.cnn.com/2012/10/10/justice/landmark-scotus-cases/index.html
- Executive Orders – https://learningenglish.voanews.com/a/history-of-us-executive-orders/3695242.html
- NAACP was instrumental in the landmark case of Brown v Board of Education. Visit the web site to find information on the case that led to desegregation.
Instructions on Writing Your Essay:
All essays must be written using proper English grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Four (4) points will be deducted for each spelling, grammatical, and/or punctuation error. Work that contains more than five (5) spelling, grammatical, and/or punctuation errors; or work that does not meet the minimum number of words required will receive a grade of F (No points).
Essays are automatically submitted to SafeAssign. Work that SafeAssign identifies as having more than a 10% rate of similarity (plariarism) after quoted material and small matches (10 words or less) are excluded will not be read and will received a grade of F (No points).
- I’m not sure of the number of citations required for this paper, but I emailed the professor and he haven’t reply back. I think that the minimum citations would 4
We The People, Twelfth Essentials Edition
Benjamin Ginsberg, Theodore J. Lowi, Caroline J. Tolbert, and Margaret Weir
W. W. Norton & Company, Inc.
ISBN: 978-0-393-66464-5 (e-book can be used as well)
The essay must in APA format; including the title, abstract, main body and the references?
Main body ( minimum is 500 words)
The due date is September 8. I will make changes to the paper
Please feel free to txt me at my personal phone number: 786-451-9933