I’m working on a Business Law exercise and need support.
You have just been promoted to the Human Resources Department of a Fortune 500 company. Your director asks each of the HR employees to research an employment law issue and draft a memo that discusses that specific issue. In addition, he wants to ensure that each employee has a clear understanding of the issue present. Therefore, you are to include in your memo either a specific case that supports this employment law or utilize your own experience. This experience can stem from professional or personal situations in the business world as an employee or employer. Lastly, your director wants you to include any ethical issue that your company may be confronting in reference to this employment law. Consider employment law with wages and hours, OSHA, age, disabilities, minors working, etc.
Be sure that your focus is twofold: first, on an area of employment law and second, on a potential ethical issue within that area of law.
If you have not personally or professionally confronted an issue, consider an issue that could arise within the realm of employment law and describe it or search for a case on the internet.
Address the following in your memo:
- Identify and clearly define the relevant law, either defining a legal doctrine, provisions of a law, or elements of a specific cause of action.
- Compare and contrast the applicable law to the employment law issue you identified.
- Apply facts from your situation to the applicable law, doctrine, or cause of action studied.
- Clearly summarize lessons learned from the week as they apply to your fact pattern and make links to the readings and/or module.
- Include new thoughts or ideas based on the module information—this is your reflection/insight, which logically would flow from each information point presented.
- Identify and briefly discuss any related ethical issues.
Your memo should be 3-4 pages in length, not including the title or references pages.