I need help with a Marketing question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
please read the fitbit case then follow the outline then write the 4 pages case analysis , should be (memo format)
1.Executive Summary 2.Problem Statement 3.Competitive Advantages 4. External Industry Analysis 5.Alternative Solutions 6.Alternative Solutions
—–Focus needs to be on 3 key points, the recommendations, actions and what the outcomes will mean for the business both short-term and long-term. Lead with an Executive Summary whereby you should summarize your recommendations.
——-Here are the highlights:
- Know the audience of the memo
- As President or CMO, these executives know much of the data that was presented. While part of the assignment was to do some analysis, the cases had too much background, were extremely heavy on analysis and short on strategic thinking, strategic recommendations and an outline of the key elements of their action/implementation plan.
- Be action-oriented. The memo needs to be clear and concise.
- While most subject lines were good, there is a need to be more definitive and directional – need to provide a compelling answer to the question: “why should I read this?”
- Remember, this is a MEMO. Not a book report or an industry summary.
- Executive Summaries – if existent – were very weak.
- This summary should grab me with the most compelling statement of their big idea. It should include the problem being addressed, the solution, the opportunity, the competitive advantage and recommended strategy…NOT what they’re going to do in the memo. Must also include projected financial outcomes such as forecasted revenue, market share, profitability, etc. based on their recommended strategy. Give me the most important points up front, and I’ll read the remainder of the memo to supplement what was outlined in the Executive Summary.
- Not enough specifics on implications of strategic recommendations – why this is a good strategy – i.e. market opportunity, market growth, required investments to achieve, etc. (Make the memo action-oriented)
- When detailing a framework (i.e., SWOT, etc)… remember, to lead into it with a key takeaway. For instance, what is the MOST important takeaway from your anaysis?