I’m working on a Health & Medical exercise and need support.
Determine health needs and priorities based on assessment results.
Unit Outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
- Analyze the relationship between SES indicators and health outcomes.
- Identify health disparities.
- Identify a community health intervention need.
- Develop a statement of need.
- Create a program mission statement.
- Understand the difference between process and outcome objectives.
- Establish program goals and objectives.
Background: In this assignment, you will continue the process of planning a health promotion program by analyzing the relationship between socioeconomic conditions and health outcomes in the community to select a health need priority and a target population. Eliminating and reducing health disparities are important goals of the health promotion profession. Therefore, in order to choose a suitable health focus and a target population, you will need to dig a little deeper into the data you presented in the Unit 2 assignment. The health priority and target population you choose with be the focus of your community-based health promotion program. Based on your analysis of the SES and health data, in addition to any health disparities you identified, you will write a statement of need explaining why the health issue you selected is a problem for the community and should be addressed with an intervention.
You will develop a program mission statement, program goals, and program objectives that reflect the statement of need.
Your Assignment should be approximately 3–5 pages in length, written in essay format and include appropriate supporting citations and references in APA format. Address the following topics:
- Health Status Indicators (1 to 2 paragraphs)
- Describe common measures associated with evaluating health in a population, such as morbidity, mortality, incidence and prevalence
- Describe three health issues you think are important in this community and describe the data
- The relationship between health and SES (1 to 3 paragraphs)
- Describe the reciprocal relationship between health and socioeconomic factors in communities
- For each of the three health issues you identified above, discuss possible social, economic, and/or environmental factors within the community that may be influencing those health outcomes
- Identify Health Disparities (2 – 4 paragraphs)
- For each of the three health issues you identified above, examine potential health disparities among subsections of the population. For example, if you identified heart disease as a problem, are rates of mortality from heart disease greater than the average among a subset of the population, such as a certain age and/or racial group? Note any health disparities you find.
- Based upon all the information you reviewed up to this point, decide what health issue you will address and select a subgroup from within the larger community to target through health promotion. Explain why you chose the health issue and the subgroup.
- Create a statement of need (1 to 2 paragraphs)
- Explain why you chose the health issue and the subgroup noted above as the focus of your program. Why is the health issue a problem for the community and the target population?
- Create a program mission statement that includes the following elements: (1 to 2 paragraphs)
- Name of the community
- The health issue
- The target population
- The purpose of the program
- The underlying program philosophy
- How the program will address the needs presented in the statement of need
- Create program goals and objectives (table or list)
- Create at least two program goals that are aligned with the program mission
- Create at least 5 properly formatted program objectives. Each program objective should describe an outcome, include a metric, and include a timeframe. Note the level of change represented in each objective (i.e., awareness, knowledge, skill, etc.)
- Summarizing Conclusion (1 to 2 paragraphs)