I’m trying to learn for my Nursing class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
Professional Values and Goals
Baccalaureate education includes the development of professional values and value-based behavior (AACN, 2008).
Reflect upon your nursing career through appreciative inquiry.
- Drawing on your own life stories and experiences, what does a nursing career meant to you?
- How does your nursing practice parallel the ANA (2015) Code of Ethics? List 4 specific examples from the Code of Ethics.
- What motivates you to remain in the nursing profession? Give an example through a personal story and what you learned that motivates you as a registered nurse.
- Develop 3 short-term and 3 long-term goals that emphasize your unique strengths.
- How will a BSN degree impact your short-term and long-term goals?
- Be creative and talk about your personal journey as a nurse. Include a personal nursing philosophy in the reflection.
All submissions must have a minimum of two scholarly references to support your work.
- The American Association of Nursing (ANA) website; search for “Code of Ethics”
Examples of work to show mastery:
- 2-3 page paper
- 5-6 slides Microsoft Power Point presentation
- 3-5 minute video presentation