Need help with my Communications question – I’m studying for my class.
Watch the YouTube video, “My 5-Minute Magic Routine” (2014) by ooshuan:My 5-Minute Magic Routine #UnicornMoment Ep.6 (Links to an external site.)
Then, answer the following questions pertaining to the popular culture trend of “selfies” as a user-generated media form:
- What is the impact of user-generated media like this video (online or otherwise)?
- What is selfie culture? What does selfie culture say about those who participate in it?
- What does it say about our dominant culture? What does it do to our dominant culture? Who does it serve?
- What does it tell mainstream corporate media?
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Feel free to use the readings:
- Chapters 6 & 8 in Media/Society
- Van Damme, E., & Van Bauwel, S. (2010). ‘I don’t wanna be anything other than me’: A case study on gender representations of teenagers in American teen drama series One Tree Hill. Interactions: Studies in Communication & Culture, 2(1), 17-33. doi:10.1386/iscc.2.1.17_1
- Storsul, T. (2014). Deliberation or self-presentation?: Young people, politics and social media. NORDICOM Review, 35(2), 17-28.
- in addition to incorporating at least 3-4 scholarly sources not used in this course.
- Make your paper 3-4 pages in length, not including the cover and reference pages.
- Format your document according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements (Links to an external site.).