I’m studying and need help with a Communications question to help me learn.
While a meaningful share of the global movie industry is in the US, other regions make up a greater contribution than the US. If films aren’t doing well in the US, that might be irrelevant if they do well outside of this country.
(See http://www.mpaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/MPAA-Theatrical-Market-Statistics-2016_Final-1.pdf (Links to an external site.)
or http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/sites/default/files/custom/Documents/PWC_chart_rev21012x5711px.pdf (Links to an external site.)).
Go to the CSU-Global Library, click on EBSCO, and in the search box, type “international film markets,” check both boxes for “Full text” and “Peer reviewed,” and study some sources that discuss movies/movie topics outside the US.
Then, write a reflection on the potential cultural appropriateness of Hollywood-made films and film topics outside of the United States.
- How does cultural appropriateness affect revenue-generation for film studios?
- Locate evidence of Hollywood-made films that take into account cultural relevancy and appropriateness and use them as primary texts to back up your points.
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Feel free to use the readings from this or any other module, in addition to incorporating at least three scholarly sources not used in this course. also must reference the book Media/Society by David Croteau and William Hoynes
- Make your paper 3-4 pages in length, not including the cover and reference pages.
- Format your document according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements (Links to an external site.).