Can you help me understand this Writing question?
As described in previous workshops, receiving constructive feedback from others is an integral aspect of the social work profession. Therefore, that feedback process has been integrated into every workshop in this course. Consider areas in which you and others have strengths or opportunities for growth. You are encouraged to offer and receive feedback with your classmates as openly as possible.
Upon successful completion of this discussion, you will be able to:
- Develop self-reflection and self-regulation to effectively manage the intersection of personal and professional values. (PO 1)
- Textbook: Social Work with Groups: Comprehensive Practice and Self-Care
In this activity, you will reflect on your strengths, limitations, and opportunities for growth as a future social worker who effectively manages conflict in family and group processes.
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- In your textbook, Social Work with Groups: Comprehensive Practice and Self-Care, review Chapter 4, “Group Dynamics: Goals and Norms, and Chapter 6, “Task Groups.”
- Review your responses to the self-assessment worksheets from Assignment 5.2. Reflect on your strengths, limitations, and opportunities for growth as a future social worker who effectively manages conflict in family and group processes.
- Make an initial post by the fourth day of the workshop, responding to the following prompts.
- What are your personal strengths in conflict management?
- What are your personal limitations, deficits, needs, and opportunities for growth in conflict management?
- In your future practice as a social worker, what types of conflict might arise for the clients, communities, and organizations you’ll work with? How might you discuss and manage these conflicts through group dialogue?
- Identify your current interests in working with families and groups. Include any social work roles you will pursue. Also explain how conflict management in families and groups can be an aspect of those professional roles.
- By the end of the workshop, read and respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts. They should both encourage and respectfully challenge your classmates’ insights and reflections about conflict management with families and groups. You should also offer any suggestions or resources related to the areas in which your classmates want to grow.
- Your posts and responses should also:
- Provide clear answers with evidence of critical thinking
- Add depth to the discussion by introducing new ideas
- Answer classmates’ questions and provide insight to the discussion