I’m working on a Writing question and need guidance to help me study.
- What works in corrections, Chapters 11 and 12
- Working with Involuntary Clients, Chapter 8
- Principles of Drug Abuse Treatment for Criminal Justice Populations – A Research-based Guide
Answer the following:
- Determine if drug treatment is effective in reducing recidivism. Explain and support your response.
- Assess if drug courts are effective in diverting substance abusers from prison. Explain and support your response
Discuss your thoughts on the information that has been posted. Discuss its relevance and implications to the field of Criminal Justice. Your remarks can be opinion, but it must be based on your experience, research, and/or prior learning. Use this exercise to converse with your fellow colleagues about issues that are important to the field of Criminal Justice. Of interest is a dialogue of opinions, thoughts, and comments. Be sure to discuss both sides of the issue as noted in the actual question posting. Must be no less than 500 words APA format. APA has a new edition. Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, (2020). 7th Edition, Washington D.C.: American Psychological Association. I have attached the chapters and the books for cite and reference. Avoid using gender his/her, use they/their
MacKenzie, D. L. (2006). What works in corrections: Reducing the criminal activities of offenders and delinquents. New York, NY: Cambridge University Press. ISBN: 978-0-521-00120-5
Trotter, C. (2015). Working with involuntary clients: a guide to practice (3rd Ed.) Los Angeles, CA: Corwin Press. ISBN: 978-0-415-71565-2