I need an explanation for this Writing question to help me study.
Human Resources is now asked to be ready with a Global HR Acquisition Plan so the company can move quickly once government approval is secured for acquiring companies in India. The goals are to retain talent and build capacity to handle the new business potential. HR must develop a Global HR Acquisition Plan that supports this international expansion to India into its own structured plan.
The final assignment is a culmination of the previous weeks’ assignments, in which you will use all of the skills you have acquired throughout this course. Now you will pull those assignments together to create a Global HR Acquisition Plan. Review the feedback you received in previous weeks from your instructor before completing the final assignment. In addition, you will provide an Executive Summary, as well as evaluate organizational culture and regulatory, legal, and ethical issues.
The Global HR Acquisition Plan will be a summative accumulation of each of the weekly assignments that have had the instructor’s feedback incorporated. The Global HR Policy will consist of the following sections:
The Executive Summary is a two- to three-page condensed version of the Global HR Acquisition Plan. It will contain a summary of the results, conclusions, and recommendations. Visit the Ashford Writing Center’s Business Writing (Links to an external site.) for an example of an Executive Summary.
In Week 1, you summarized the social and business elements of India and analyzed how ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, and disability impacted those elements. You then evaluated the competencies necessary to work and manage effectively in this environment.
Multi-Level Talent Management Plan
In Week 2, you evaluated multi-level approaches to talent management, explaining the competencies necessary to manage employees from home headquarters, employees from India, and third country nationals. You devised strategies to address recruitment, selection, succession planning, and retention, explaining how the shortage of talent and the availability of low-cost labor in India impacted these elements.
Global Performance Management
In Week 3, you evaluated the characteristics necessary to work effectively in a global market. Specifically, you analyzed how varying demographics impacted the management of employee capabilities from a global perspective, explained employee relations strategies that overcome biases, and analyzed the challenges related to direct and indirect communication channels.
Rewards and Benefits Management
In Week 4, you proposed a compensation structure. Specifically, you constructed a total rewards model that hedged diversity as a resource for organizational competitiveness and assessed whether a fixed benefits package or a flexible bundle would best fit these employees. In addition, you explained whether the compensation would consist of hourly, salary, or contingent base selection and compared your compensation structure to that of the competition.
Organizational Culture and HRM
This week, you will create this section. For the Global HR Acquisition Plan,
- Research and recommend actions to blend the United States and India organizational cultures. Some examples of differences in organizational cultures that you may select for review include
- Flexibility in deployment of policies.
- Work-life balance.
- Talent retention.
- Acceptance of change.
- The use of the appraisal process as a critical assessment.
Regulatory, Legal, and Ethical Issues
This week, you will review each section of the Global HR Acquisition Plan. In this section,
- Evaluate any regulatory, legal, and ethical issues that may arise when developing and administering the new policies and procedures you have outlined.
The Global HR Acquisition Plan
- Must be 10 to 15 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least 12 scholarly, peer reviewed, and/or credible sources, in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.