I don’t know how to handle this Business question and need guidance.
1. Eminent domain is a hotly contested topic in the United States. Typically, opponents see it as an unjust taking by the government, and supporters state it is needed to serve the public interest. This week, research a recent example of Eminent Domain cases or issues, and discuss the merits and implications.
Additionally, border walls and the construction of such walls is a highly polarized issue right now. Regardless of its merit, the topic does bring up an interesting legal question when using eminent domain. Discuss if you believe, based on the law, using eminent domain is allowable for the construction of border walls.
Lastly, have you or anyone in your family every experienced an eminent domain taking at the local, state or federal level? If so, what was the outcome?
2. This week’s material discusses some of the rights and duties of landlords and tenants.
- Do you think the law does enough to protect tenants from landlords? What about protecting landlord from tenants?
- What laws are there protecting tenants (or landlords) in your state?
3. Every organization is formed into an entity of some sort, and is usually done to protect individual’s from liabilities connected with business operations. If you were starting your own business, which entity formation would you use–sole proprietorship, partnership, LLC, or corporation? Why? Which entity formation would you never use? Why?
4.Contracts are the backbone of every business. Most are in writing but even those that are oral are just as important. Contracts are the tools that enforce promises between all parties included. However, there are formal requirements that must be fulfilled for a contract to be considered enforceable. Typically an offer, acceptance, consideration, legality and capacity are required. Do you believe contracts should require fewer formalities to be enforceable? Lastly, have you ever experienced a breach of a contract? How did you handle the consequences from the breach?