I don’t know how to handle this English question and need guidance.
- Read Guy-Uriel Charles’ article, “Stop Calling Quake Victims Looters,” pages 252-254.
- Discuss at least three of these elements as they apply to Charles’ argument:
- What is the thesis statement for this article?
- Is the argument making a claim of fact, value, or policy?
- Are there any logical fallacies present? If so, what type, and where does it occur?
- Does Charles offer any opposing viewpoints? If so, what are they? Does he refute them?
- Can you provide an example of abstract language used in the article? What about concrete language?
- Can you provide a correctly-formatted example of a quote and/or paraphrase pulled from the article?
- What would be the works cited entry for this article?