Help me study for my Literature class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
Compose a short (2 to 3 page) essay presenting the argument that Dr. Faustus is or is not a tragic hero. Explain your position by referring to specific criteria in the definition and citing specific details from the play. Format your essay according to MLA guidelines and cite your examples using line numbers from the play. If you use any outside sources in reference to the tragic hero, you must also cite these and prepare a Works Cited page.
- Essay is a minimum of two pages when formatted according to MLA format.
- Essay demonstrates a clear understanding of the Faustus legend.
- Essay is clear about which text is being used to support thesis conclusion.
- Essay takes a clear position that Faustus is a tragic hero or that Faustus is not a tragic hero.
- Textual evidence supports the position in the thesis from the 1604 year version.