I’m studying and need help with a Social Science question to help me learn.
Legal advocacy is a type of advocacy that can be very beneficial in the work that human service professionals do with children and their families. For this Assignment, you are going to explore the ways in which this type of advocacy can be useful by developing a case study involving the child(ren) and family members. Your Assignment needs to address the components listed below.
- Develop a case study that involves a child or children and family members. Make sure to be descriptive in terms of the age(s) of the children involved, which family members are part of the case study, and their ages and role with the child/children. Include any other information that is pertinent as well as including the socioeconomic status of the individuals in your case study, and other important background details.
- Identify an issue that is impacting the child(ren) and the family members. Provide some general background on the issue that you chose. The background should be specific to the family, as well as general information about how many people are impacted by the issue in our society, the history of this issue in our country, etc.
- Determine the different ways in which legal advocacy would be beneficial to the case that you discussed. Be sure to discuss how this type of advocacy is beneficial in terms of the self-determination of the individuals in your case study.
- Explore some of the legal strategies that would be particularly useful to the individuals in your case study.
- Assess any challenges that human service professionals may encounter when legally advocating for the individuals in your case study. Evaluate how human service professionals could overcome these challenges.
Your Assignment should reflect professional writing standards using proper tone and language. The writing style should be correct, accurate, and reflect knowledge of the role of legal advocacy in work that human service professionals do with children and their families. The paper should be 4–6 pages, double spaced, and in APA format. You should include a minimum of four reputable references in your paper, with one of the references being your textbook.