I’m trying to learn for my Medicine class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
For your Assignment you will be preparing a case study. A case study reflects a detailed analysis of a particular situation or person over a period of time. You will use your textbook and additional internet research along with a little creativity to create a detailed investigation into an assigned disease state. Remember that a good case study is not a simple description, but more of an experience for the reader to be able to walk through the processes that occur, and come to a specific conclusion.
Case Study – Alzheimer’s Disease
For your Assignment you will be creating a case study based on an individual who has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Disease. One of the principle features of Alzheimer’s Disease is the formation of fibrous protein aggregates in the form of amyloid plaques. You will be concentrating your case study on the mechanisms behind the disposition of these plaques, associated neuronal death, and how this knowledge could lead to potential treatments and diagnostic opportunities.
Your case study needs to include:
- A description of the problem or case question you want the reader to solve.
- An introduction to the patient or case.
- An explanation of the defects associated with this disease. Please concentrate your communications on the biochemical related events in the brain. You should provide bulleted highlights in the slide and then a detailed explanation in the notes section of the slide or a separate document.
- A review of diagnostic and preventative measures.
Basic Writing Expectations:
- This Assignment can be submitted using the provided Microsoft PowerPoint template, or you may use Microsoft Word to present the necessary information.
- The explanation of the biochemical processes involved needs to be in essay format. You may provide this information in the notes section of the slide presentation or a separate Word document.
- Free of grammatical and spelling errors
- No evidence of plagiarism
- You should provide the requested information with references. References should be complied into a list in APA style. Refer to the APA Quick Reference Guide.