I’m trying to study for my Management course and I need some help to understand this question.
Section 1 – Subject Organization and Rationale
The purpose of the Portfolio Project is to synthesize current research about the project management office (PMO) for the purpose of developing a PMO recommendation. The Portfolio Project is structured to help you demonstrate understanding of the course material, as well as the implications of new knowledge gained from research beyond the course readings and lectures.
Your Portfolio Project will be developed in three independent but cohesive sections, which considered in whole constitutes your PMO recommendation. The three sections are:
- Section 1: Subject Organization and Rationale
- Section 2: PMO Mission, Charter, and Competency
- Section 3: PMO Recommendations
Section 1 and Section 2 will be submitted as Portfolio Project milestones in Module 3 and Module 6, respectively.
Section 3 will constitute your final Portfolio Project due at the end of the course in Module 8.
Please choose from one of the two PMO recommendation options offered for your Portfolio Project assignment, which are described as:
Option #1: Recommendation for the Implementation of a New PMO
– or –
For Section 1: Subject Organization and Rationale of the Portfolio Project, you are required to select a subject organization for developing a PMO recommendation. The subject organization must have an international/global aspect and may be your workplace, an organization that you are familiar with, or an organization that is based on your research.
For Option #1, the subject organization must exhibit the characteristics and attributes of a viable candidate for benefiting from a PMO.
Submit your Section 1 Portfolio Project Milestone assignment as a single Microsoft Word document to the Module 3 submissions area established for this purpose.
Your essay should address the following requirements:
- Your well-written PMO recommendation essay thesis should be 4-6 pages in length, which does not include the title, reference, or appendix pages. You need to add headings associated and subheadings with each of the bullet points listed in the Section 1 requirements.
- Include title and reference pages.
- In addition to your course textbook, cite at least three current (published within the past 5 years) scholarly resources (peer-reviewed, official governmental reports, and other scholarly sources) to support your suppositions, assertions, and conclusions.