I don’t understand this Business question and need help to study.
Choose an advertising campaign (not a singular
advertisement) for a particular product or service that has print and
video ads and do a deep semiotic reading discussing how you think
culture is being reflected (and perhaps affected) by the campaign. What
cultural myths/beliefs (like conspicuous consumption, the American
Dream, individualism and dissent, etc.) is the ad campaign perpetuating
or deconstructing? What stereotypes (about race, class, gender, sexual
orientation) is the campaign perpetuating or deconstructing?
The following are just some questions to help you think about the types of abductive arguments you will make in your essay; you are not meant to follow them like an outline. Some may be more relevant than others to your particular arguments:
- How is the advertiser using culture to sell the product? (Think about Robert’s essay about the culture of conspicuous consumption or Frank’s essay using the culture of dissent/counterculture).
- How is the product marketing to specific demographics?
- Are there different types of ads for the same product targeting different demographics?
- Analyze the ads using the questions on page 30. Are the ads appealing more to logic, emotion, or credibility?
- Is the campaign exploiting stereotypes or deconstructing them? (Think of Craig’s essay).
Essay should be 4-6 double-spaced pages in MLA format. You must use at least one quote from three different readings from this unit.I have already done 1 page (attached) I need at least 3 more.
- Should have a title that states topic and hints at thesis.
- Introduction should begin with 3-5 sentences introducing the topic of how culture influences and is influenced by consumer society and marketing techniques as well as introduce the specific campaign you are going to analyze.
- A thesis statement should end the introduction making an analytical argument about that particular campaign (What do you think the campaign says about our culture? Or how do you think our culture is impacted by the campaign? What similarities/differences do the ads show about culture? Or…?)
- Body paragraphs should begin with clearly articulated topic sentences that develop individual points helping to support your overall thesis.
- Evidence should describe the ads and be connected to quotes from essays in the unit when appropriate.
- Conclusion should bring these individual points back to the overall thesis and make it clear why it is important to understand not only the argument you made for this particular campaign, but how that helps inform a more conscientious observer of all public discourse.
- Edit carefully for grammar, spelling, punctuation.