I need an explanation for this Writing question to help me study.
Discussion Prompt 1-2 Paragraphs
- What does it mean to say that a claim is credible?
- What are some ways to evaluate a claim for credibility?
Select a recent editorial article from a popular news outlet, such as the New York Times or the Washington Post.
Read the article and identify the author’s conclusion. Write a brief analysis answering the following questions:
- What is the author’s conclusion or main point?
- How does the author attempt to make the case?
- Does the author use logical argumentation? Does the author use rhetoric? A combination of both?
- Is the author’s position reasonable? Why or why not?
Your analysis must be at least 250 words in length and follow APA (6th ed.) formatting and citation guidelines as appropriate.