I’m stuck on a Law question and need an explanation.
Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
- Describe and explain the roles of the different types of witnesses, such as the following:
- Lay witnesses
- Expert witnesses
- Law enforcement witnesses
- How important are witnesses with regard to the prosecution’s case during a trial? Explain.
- How important are witnesses with regard to the defense’s case during a trial? Explain.
- How does the role of witnesses used for the prosecution differ from that of witnesses used for the defense? Explain.
- What qualifications do you think should be necessary for a witness to be considered an expert? Explain.