I’m studying for my Health & Medical class and need an explanation.
Option #1: Health Policymaking in the United States (Handout)
A group of college students from Canada, France, and the United Kingdom participate in the international internship exchange program at the hospital where you work, and they are learning more about population health in the United States.
On several occasions, the students have expressed a desire to learn more about why a wealthy country such as the United States does not offer universal healthcare coverage to its residents. The students argue that the people in their countries are healthier than Americans, that their citizens live longer, and that their countries pay less per capita on healthcare than the United States.
Because you are a recent graduate of CSU-Global with a degree in healthcare management and are a newly promoted member of the management staff, the CEO has asked that you take the lead in ensuring that questions posed by the interns are addressed.
Through your course in population health, you understand that healthcare policies in the United States are influenced by many factors. You have decided to prepare a two- to three-page handout using a table format* that explains some of the historical, political, legal, cultural, and economic influences that shape healthcare policies relevant to population health in the United States.
- Consider information presented both in your textbook and that you uncover in your research.
- The handout should consist of a two-column table. List the following factors in column one and a detailed explanation of each in column two. See example below*.
- The table should include in-text citations and a reference page. Support your assignment with at least three credible sources in addition to the course textbook. At least one source must be peer-reviewed. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these sources.
- The submission should be two to three pages in length, not including the required title and reference pages.
- Your paper must follow the requirements in the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA (Links to an external site.).
- The CSU-Global Library Guide (Links to an external site.) has a research guide for Healthcare Management and Administration (Links to an external site.)along with access to databases, videos, company and industry information.
*Example of two-column table