I need support with this Sociology question so I can learn better.
All communities have strengths despite their challenges. Use of the strengths-based perspective helps you to identify the potential strengths of a community and how to advocate for its members to obtain the resources and services they need to be successful.
To prepare: Identify characteristics that represent your community. Then, take a picture that represents these characteristics in your community. Note that your photo does not need to be literal—it can be symbolic.
- A picture you took that represents the characteristics you identified in the community.
- A description of the community.
- Explain the strengths and challenges associated with that community based on its characteristics.
- Explain how you could utilize community strengths to address their challenges.
- Describe what group skills you might use and how you would use them when engaged in organizational and community change.
- Identify at least 3 macro-practice skills and explain how you would use these skills to help the community address their challenges.