I need help with a Geology question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
Please respond to the below discussion post in at least 250 words and APA cited reference
- Chapter 11 Water in An introduction to geology. Salt Lake Community College. Open Educational Resource
- Gleeson, T., Befus, K. M., Jasechko, S., Luijendijk, E., & Cardenas, M. B. (2016). The global volume and distribution of modern groundwater. Nature Geoscience, 9(2), 161. Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/283834673_The_global_volume_and_distribution_of_modern_groundwater
- Green Planet Films. (2015). Written on water [Video file].
- Guardian News & Media Ltd. (2017). The Yamuna, India’s most polluted river [Video file].
- Latrubesse, E. M., Arima, E. Y., Dunne, T., Park, E., Baker, V. R., d’Horta, F. M., Wright, C., Whittmann, F., Zuanon, J., Baker, P.A., Ribas, C.C., Norgaard, R.B., Filizola, N., Ansar, A., Flyvbjer, B., Stevaux, J.C. (2017). Damming the rivers of the Amazon basin. Nature, 546(7658), 363-369. doi:http://dx.doi.org.csuglobal.idm.oclc.org/10.1038/n…
River systems affect every living thing on this planet. Choose a river of your liking and report on it to the rest of us. You should include the stream’s origin, destination, type (braided or meandering), and any other interesting information that you might have uncovered. Share with us about how humans currently use this river, and what impacts that use has had on the river’s flow or its water quality. For instance, has it been dammed, diverted for irrigation, contaminated with pesticides, etc.? The Greek pre-Socratic philosopher Heraclitus remarked that “You cannot step in the same river twice.” Similarly, please do not choose a river that another student has already shared with the class.