I need an explanation for this Writing question to help me study.
Be Sure to Review the directions under Course Materials before submitting this assignment!
For today’s reflection, you must analyze a NEWS item – using AGENDA SETTING and Ethnicity those class vocabulary term, as described in the assignment handout in your last two paragraphs.
“The media’s the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that’s power. Because they control the minds of the masses.“
Full Credit = 35 points:
- Embeded media item directly into post (using the canvas “insert/edit media” tool above), 5 points
- 1 paragraph description of chosen media = 10 points (See assignment handout for how to do this!)
- 2 paragraphs of analysis = 10 points
- These must be substantial paragraphs – with a topic sentence, and well-argued points. Don’t try breaking one good paragraph into two bad ones. Short, two-or-three sentence paragraphs won’t receive full credit.
- Each of the two analysis paragraphs must have ONE term/concept (including the assigned term for that week’s MCR if applicable), from class list underlined.
- Remember – two vocab terms – *One within each of your analysis paragraphs* (not within your description)
- Comment *thoughtfully and substantially* (at least three sentences *that move the discussion forward*) on at least two of your classmates’ posts = 10 points
Start your post with a greeting that uses your classmate’s name (required). Say something meaningful about whatever your classmate has written in their MCR. This is not the place to simply agree and say “good job” to your classmate, (you are encouraged to do that – but it is not sufficient for points). If you agree with what they said, say so, then add something new that they didn’t mention. If you disagree, say so (respectfully) and let us know why. Or tell us something altogether new about the topic.
- Be sure that your first comment is on a post that has no comments on it yet (if one exists at the time you post).
- Remember to begin your feedback comments with a greeting that includes the student’s name, so I know who you’re addressing as I view your work in the gradebook.