I’m working on a Computer Science exercise and need support.
Regulations, policies, and governance frameworks define the requirements for handling protected health information. A framework is a structure providing guidance on what should be included in plan and policy development. For the Unit 2 assignment, you will examine the laws and regulations that oversee healthcare in the United States and internationally to determine which polices an organization must create. You also choose a framework within which privacy and security policies will be developed. By researching these regulations and frameworks you will learn about information security policies and procedures that must be established by healthcare organizations and about the role of the information assurance and security professional in making it happen.
For this assignment, you will choose a healthcare policy and security framework to use in your course project and create a list of policies required by laws and regulations. Use the following steps to guide your assignment preparation:
- Choose a policy framework:
- Through your reading and research choose a policy framework and explain why you chose this framework.
- Policies will be developed within this framework in the rest of the assignments.
- List and explain the required policies:
- Download the IAS5320 Policy Template to use in this part of the assignment.
- Research the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH), international healthcare regulations, and the healthcare privacy sites identified in the Unit 2 study.
- Note whether laws/regulations require specific formats for any of the policies.
- Develop a list of required policies based on your research that must be included in your Healthcare Security and Privacy Plan.
- Adjust the policy template as needed for required policy formats (example: Incident Response Policy).
- Format: Include a title page and a reference page.
- References: References are formatted according to APA (6th ed.) formatting.
- Length: 3–5 double-spaced, typed pages, not including title and reference pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.