I’m studying and need help with a Nursing question to help me learn.
Assignment 1 – Assessing Reliable Sources
Assignment 1: Assessing Reliable Sources
The goal of this assignment is to introduce you to methods used to determine reliable sources of nutrition information. It is important to know how to evaluate health information and turn to reliable sources and experts when in need of specific advice. Be sure to read the Health Connection 1 section at the end of Chapter 1 – “How can you find and recognize credible nutrition information?” (p.27-29). Review the first three websites in Resources for Chapters 1 & 2 for more detail and use this (Links to an external site.) NIH guide.
– Find five websites that provide information related to nutrition. Please try and select websites that will be helpful for you in the future and provide strong scientific evidence that is reliable. Please make sure these websites provide information to the public.
– Analyze each website and determine whether it is a reliable source of information by answering the “W” questions.
– Assign each website a rating of 1-10 where 10 is the highest. Your goal is to assess reliability of the information the site provides.
– Write the following for each website:
- Name of the website and its web address (URL)
- Describe the site and the kind of information it provides
- Your analysis of reliability, using the 5 “W” questions
- The grade you gave it and explain the reasons for assigning this grade
– Find two nutrition experts, or professionals, or individuals who are giving advice in nutrition on the web. You can use the names from your research of websites in Part 1.
– Write the following for each expert:
- Name of the person and where you found him/her.
- How did you come across this expert? (Give reference.) Why did you decide to choose them?
- Include their academic degrees, professional credentials, their professional accomplishments, and their current job position.
- Based upon the information in Health Connection 1, do you consider them to be reliable nutrition expert? Why or why not? Explain. You need to justify your opinion.
Save your paper in .doc (.docx) or PDF format and submit as attachment.
Review Guidelines for Assignments and the rubric (below) to see how you will be graded for this assignment.
Assessing Reliable Sources-1
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomePart 1 – Provides thorough review of five nutrition-related websites. The choice of websites is appropriate. Assesses websites using the 5 “W” questions, and assigns a rating of 1-10. Evaluation is justified. Well organized, uses original and critical thought
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomePart 2 – Provides thorough review of credentials for 2 nutrition experts. Appropriately assesses credibility of nutrition experts using criteria from Highlight 1. Well organized, uses original and critical thought
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeUses appropriate English grammar, sentence structure, with few errors in spelling, punctuation, and capitalization. Assignment is properly formatted – title, paragraph structure, appropriate font, etc.
Total Points: 50.0