I need help with a Nursing question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
Evidence-Based Practice Guideline
Write a fully developed and detailed APA essay addressing each of the following points/questions. There is no required word count; be sure to completely answer all the questions for each question in detail. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Sources are not required; however, if sources are used make sure to cite using the APA writing style for the essay and complete a reference page. The cover page is required. Review the rubric criteria for this assignment.
Utilize the databases identified in the text to locate an Evidence-Based Practice Guideline, related to your topic identified in Module 1. Perform a rapid critical appraisal of the Evidence-Based Guideline by answering the following questions in APA format. All questions should be answered in detail and explanations offered according to guideline content when applicable.
- Who were the guideline developers?
- Were the developers of the guideline representative of key stakeholders in this specialty (inter-disciplinary)?
- Who funded the guideline development?
- Were any of the guideline developers funded researchers of the reviewed studies?
- Did the team have a valid development strategy?
- Was an explicit (how decisions were made), sensible, and impartial process used to identify, select, and combine evidence?
- Did its developers carry out comprehensive, reproducible literature review within the past 12 months of its publication/revision?
- Were all important options and outcomes considered?
- Is each recommendation in the guideline tagged by the level/strength of evidence upon which it is based and linked to the scientific evidence?
- Do the guidelines make explicit recommendations (reflecting value judgments about the outcomes)?
- Has the guideline been subjected to peer review and testing?
- Is the intent of use provided (i.e. national, regional, local)?
- Are the recommendations clinically relevant?
- Will the recommendations help me in caring for my patients?
- Are the recommendations practical/feasible? Are resources (people and equipment) available?
- Are the recommendations a major variation from current practice? Can the outcomes be measured through standard care?
Be sure to include the database from which the guideline was obtained and please submit a copy of the guideline with your paper.
Your APA formatted paper fully answer each question in complete sentences.
Learning Materials/Data bases.
- Melnyk, B. M. & Fineout-Overholt, E. (2015). Evidence-based practice in nursing & healthcare: A guide to best practice (3rd ed.) Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer Health. ISBN: 978-1-4511-9094-6. Read Chapters 1, 2, and 3.
- Worksheet: Question Templates for Asking PICOT Questions
- Application Case Study: Chapter 3: Finding Relevant Evidence to Answer Clinical Questions
Research and view the below sites:
- Joanna Briggs Institute (2019).
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). (n.d.).
- The Cochrane Collaboration. (n.d.).
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). (2018).
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). (2006, March 13). AACN Position Statement on Nursing Research.
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement. (2018). The IHI Triple Aim.
- U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. (2018, September).
- Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute. (2018).
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). ANCC Magnet Recognition Program.