Need help with my Psychology question – I’m studying for my class.
In 500-750-words, students will select one “research disaster” (from the list provided or a preapproved topic) and address the following:
- Background on the disaster, including what occurred, when, and the demographic characteristics of those affected
- What the consequences were, including how the demographics of those involved placed them at risk
- What the ethical/legal issues involved in this particular disaster were
- What modern-day research ethics practices and/or procedures were informed by this event(s).
Use two to three resources to conduct research.
- Nazi Experiments
- The Tuskegee Syphilis Study
- Thalidomide Experiments
- Death of Jessi Gelisinger (Gene Therapy Experiment)
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies: 3.7 Explain how social, political, economic, and cultural information is used ethically and legally in the discipline of psychology.